Mississippi Sustainable Agriculture Network (MSAN)
The Mississippi Sustainable Agriculture Network (MSAN) supports financially sustainable farming practices that benefit our people and our land. MSAN provides:
- a forum where Mississippi farmers and food consumers share ideas, tips, techniques, and information; and
- outreach, support and educational opportunities that promote sustainable farming and local food systems in Mississippi.
Mission: Make sustainable farming and local food production thriving enterprises in Mississippi.
Goals: MSAN has four primary goals, to …
- Create Forums for:
- Policy Changes and Advocacy
- Technical Assistance and Idea Exchange
- Group Purchasing and Equipment Sharing
- Create a Database of
- Members (farmers and consumers)
- Local agricultural know-how
- Encourage Growth of the Sustainable Farming Community in Mississippi through …
- Farm Tours/Demo Farms
- Mentorship/Apprenticeship Programs
- Connect Farmers with Markets and Consumers with Farmers
MSAN Definition of Sustainable Farming: Sustainable farming meets environmental, human health, economic, and social objectives simultaneously. It promotes …
- The health of farmers, consumers and their communities;
- Stewardship of the environment and non-renewable resources; and
- Long term financial viability
Disclaimer: MSAN is not a certifying agency, nor are we endorsing any particular farms, farmers, or specific farming methods.